Monday, July 16, 2012

Ombre Cake

Practiced a little bit this weekend on my daughter's birthday cake.  I love this ombre effect.  Didn't turn out the way I wanted it, but that's what practice is for right?!  There were 9 icings total and only 6 made it.  Her cake will be 3 small levels with 3 colors going on each one.  I may even try to hand pipe icing onto some cake pops instead of dipping them into chocolate.  Creating the colors were far easier than I had anticipated.  Red is tricky, but I had seen a post from someone who said adding brown gives it a deeper color.  The bottom layer was supposed to be hot pink, but didn't go on right so I just added the red instead.  I will post more pics after her birthday....with hopefully a much prettier cake :)


Color scheme is hot pink, aqua and red.


Practicing for Abigail's 6th Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment