Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A little something you didn't know....

Yes, as you can clearly see, I love to bake.  I also love to cook too.  I've decided that when I run across really amazing recipes, why not share them with you too!  So, here goes.  I have a weird obsessed with Kale.  Love it in soup, love it in salad, love it in smoothies...wait....did she just say smoothie?????  Yes, smoothie!  I started drinking this every morning along with a homemade granola bar that is to die for.  So, so healthy yet so, so tasty.

My recipe for Kale, Pineapple, Ginger Smoothie

The kale I get is very large.  The green on the stem measures at least 7 or 8 inches so I just use the entire leaf and throw away the stem.  I have one of those tall GNC cups that I throw everything in and use my hand held cuisinart blender.  Works perfect!  As a matter of fact, here is a pic of it right after I devoured it for breakfast this morning :)



1 large kale leaf (no stem)
1 ripe banana
1/2 cup fresh pineapple
A dime size piece of fresh ginger.  Skin removed.  I just throw it in whole.
1 cup of water (or more depending on texture you like)

Blend and enjoy!

Homemade Granola Bar

Here is the link to the recipe: http://backtothecuttingboard.com/dessert/no-bake-chewy-granola-bars/

I took a quick Instagram photo right after we taste tested it last night.  I used coconut oil instead of butter and brown sugar syrup instead of brown sugar.  The recipe also says to refrigerate which I did, but after it got back to room temperature it fell apart so I placed it back in and that is where it will have to stay.  Honestly, this is just as good or even better than store bought granola bars.  The great thing is it has no preservatives or words you cannot pronounce in it.  I even used Giant Eagle brand high energy soft granola in it.




No comments:

Post a Comment